When it comes to web design, you should always keep a few general rules in mind. One of the most important is the design of buttons. Buttons are essential for any website, allowing users to interact with the site and navigate to different pages.
So, what are the buttons in a website? The answer is that there are various types of buttons, each with its purpose. Here are a few of the most common types of buttons:
Homepage buttons: These buttons are typically used to navigate a website’s homepage. They are usually placed in the top left corner of the page.
- Navigation buttons: These buttons are used to navigate different website pages. They are usually placed in the top right corner of the page.
- Search buttons: These buttons are used to search for content on a website.
- Contact buttons: These buttons are used to contact the website owner.
- Sign-up buttons: These buttons are used to sign up for an account on a website.
- Login buttons: These buttons are used to login to an account on a website.
- Shopping cart buttons: These buttons are used to add items to a shopping cart on a website.
- Checkout buttons: These buttons are used to checkout and purchase items on a website.
Designing your Website Buttons
When it comes to buttons, web designers have a lot of options to choose from. But with all of the choices, it can be hard to decide which button is the best for your website. Here are a few general rules of thumb to keep in mind when designing your website buttons:
1. Make Sure the Button Is Easily Clickable
This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to ensure your button is designed to make it easy for users to click on. Otherwise, they may get frustrated and give up on trying to click it.
2. Use a Contrasting Color for the Button
Since the button is meant to stand out from the rest of the page, it’s important to use a color that contrasts with the rest of the design. This will help make the button more visible and easier to click.
3. Keep the Button Size Large Enough to Be Easily Clickable
Again, this goes back to ensuring the button is easy to click. If the button is too small, it will be hard for users to click on it.
4. Use an Appropriate Label for the Button
The label on the button should be clear and concise. It should tell the user what will happen when they click the button. For example, a button that says “Click here to download” is much clearer than a button that says “Click here.”
5. Make Sure the Button Is Placed in an Easily Accessible Spot
The button should be placed in a spot on the page where it’s easy for users to find. Otherwise, they may never see it and never know that it exists.
It is important to note that the buttons in a website play a crucial role in the overall web design and, therefore, should be given due importance. Various types of buttons can be used in a website, each with its distinct purpose. Following these general rules will help you design effective and user-friendly buttons.
If you’re looking for some help with web design in Naples to help with your business, we got you covered here in Rectify Online Marketing. We are a family-run web design and SEO agency, and our services help local businesses thrive online. Contact us today to learn more!